what has 'yum update' done?

Eddie G. O'Connor Jr. eoconnor25 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 13 18:30:46 UTC 2013

On 07/13/2013 09:44 AM, lee wrote:
> "Eddie G. O'Connor Jr." <eoconnor25 at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> ALL!).....And now for......"fedup-cli --network 19"...and I'll keep my
>> fingers crossed....but what's the time frame?....like an
>> hour?....2?...2+1/2?....
> About an hour or two --- it depends on how fast you can download
> packages and on how fast your computer can install them.  Since you have
> everything backed up, you can go get pizza after booting the fedup
> kernel.
>
> My screen turned off for energy saving while I was waiting to see if it
> would hang when working on the SELinux policy and I thought I'll just
> leave it and might take a nap.  After a while, the computer rebooted, so
> I don't know what happened after 68%.  There were almost 1900 packages
> to upgrade.

Well I'm relieved to "report" that I did the4 fedup upgrade and it was
PERFECT!...and I mean right down to the settings I had for most of my
apps!....EVERYTHING is right where I left it! So a big heart-felt
"*Thank You*" goes out to the developers @ The Fedora
Project!...congratulations guys!...this new upgrade tool is awesome! I
hope to use it again and again in the upcoming releases of Fedora! I
espesically like the "groupings" of common apps....(Sundry!?...LOL!)
yes...well done! Thanks to everyone for their advice and input....now
I'm gonna go play with Schrodinger's Cat!!!....LoL!

EGO II