what has 'yum update' done?

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sat Jul 13 08:11:22 UTC 2013

Am 12.07.2013 21:57, schrieb lee:
> The upgrade from 17 to 18 silently broke apache because the
> configuration had changed.  That is something that shouldn't happen, the
> devs know when there are changes like that and make sure the users are
> informed accordingly.

don't get me wrong but if you hvae manually configured services
especially a webserver it's your job to look *before* you upgrade
if there is a major change and prepare your manual configuration
for it - untouched configuration is updated

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_version.html
been there, done that for 600 domains in production
and very complex configurations in access controls