Why should one upgrade Fedora whenever a new version is released?

lee lee at yun.yagibdah.de
Sat Jul 13 23:25:39 UTC 2013

Michael Hennebry <hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu> writes:

> On Sat, 13 Jul 2013, lee wrote:
>
>> What are the main reasons not to upgrade?
>
> For me it was the aggravation.
> Installing was always a struggle.
> I was on F14 when I tried to do a fresh install of F16.
> Never got it to work.
> I'm running CentOS now, but keep F14 around in case I need it for something.

Perhaps they have come a long way:  I started only with F17, so I can't
say anything about older versions.

>From what I've been reading, CentOS isn't upgradeable at all.  If that's
true, I'm surprised you're using it.

If you like having more recent software and a distribution that can be
upgraded, you could give F19 a try.  Upgradeability provides more
continuity on the long run than a non-upgradeable distribution that has
a long lifetime instead can.

--
Fedora release 19 (Schrödinger’s Cat)