Yum dependency problem

Timothy Murphy gayleard at alice.it
Sun Jul 14 14:39:46 UTC 2013

Reindl Harald wrote:

> rpmforge-extras
>
> that is why you shuld be *very* careful in mixing repos
>
> hence except rpmfusion you should limit the packages
> you get from a repo in the .repofile to the ones you
> need including their specific dependencies because
> rpmforge is known as overriding core-packages careless

Thanks for your response.

Firstly, my problems disappeared once I disabled
the repos in /etc/yum.repos.d/rpmforge* .

The reason why I enabled them in the first place
was that <http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Amavisd>
advised to use rpmforge versions of related software.
"You should consider using the version from RPMForge".
However, I see that later comments on this setup
advise _not_ to use rpmforge versions.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net