encrypting disks

Zoltan Hoppar hopparz at gmail.com
Sun Jul 14 15:58:34 UTC 2013

What you'll get in disk encription is a partition ecryption with
dm-crypt/LUKS. You can read a lot inside the manuals.

Otherwise if you don't wanna encrypt everything, then you have
alternatives - as Cryptkeeper what is in the repository. That provides
EncFS for folders, and usually in most cases this is enough.

HTH,

Zoltan

2013/7/14 Ranjan Maitra <maitra.mbox.ignored at inbox.com>:
> Hi,
>
> In Fedora, there has almost always been an option at the disk
> partitioning stage to encrypt the disk ("Encrypt my data"). I have never
> used it but wanted to try it. So, what does this give me? In other
> words, is it still possible to 1. Hibernate and come back (with
> password, perhaps)?
> 2. ssh into it from another machine (of course, when it is on and
> running).
>
> Just making sure I understand what I am getting into.
>
> Thanks!
> Ranjan
>
> PS: Installing F19 on my shiny new Dell XPS13 which came with Ubuntu
> 12.04 LTS (lower-priced than Windoze). Btw, the Ubuntu installer crashed
> in the final stages of installation! So much for the reliability LTS....
>
> Ranjan
>
> --
> Important Notice: This mailbox is ignored: e-mails are set to be
> deleted on receipt. For those needing to send personal or professional
> e-mail, please use appropriate addresses.

PGP:  06853DF7