F19 live hangs

walksalot paul.l.allen at comcast.net
Sun Jul 14 18:47:17 UTC 2013

Al Dunsmuir wrote
> All   of   the   distributions  ultimately  obtain  their Xorg server,
> drivers,  and  mesa from the same sources.  This means sooner or later
> bugs   are   likely  to  reach  all distributions unless we contribute
> in some way towards helping fix them at source.

Point taken.  I'll see if I can be ready for the F20 nouveau test day.

> The situation isn't helped by folks using the Catalyst and nVidia binary
> drivers (in Ubuntu and derivatives) as it removes any pressure to have
> working open source drivers.

The binary nVidia driver works, so I use it.  End of story.  While I would
love to see an open source alternative, I have no religious compulsion to
shoot myself in the foot.  The best I can offer is to try not to miss the
next testing window.  Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Paul