encrypting disks

Steve Searle steve at stevesearle.com
Sun Jul 14 18:56:11 UTC 2013

Around 04:41pm on Sunday, July 14, 2013 (UK time), Ranjan Maitra scrawled:

> partitioning stage to encrypt the disk ("Encrypt my data"). I have never
> used it but wanted to try it. So, what does this give me? In other
> words, is it still possible to 1. Hibernate and come back (with
> password, perhaps)?o

I can't imagine encryption will affect hibernation at all.

> 2. ssh into it from another machine (of course, when it is on and
> running).

You can ssh into it as normal - encryption won't make any difference.

Steve

--

 Play Champions - my free football predictions game at:
 	http://www.stevesearle.com/champs/about.html

 19:54:25 up 2 days, 23:26,  1 user,  load average: 0.08, 0.02, 0.01