Re: Schrödinger▊s & Schr?dinger?s

Ian Malone ibmalone at gmail.com
Sun Jul 14 20:30:48 UTC 2013

On 14 July 2013 17:31, Ranjan Maitra <maitra.mbox.ignored at inbox.com> wrote:
> So I was thinking this morning: isn't it time to get back to the old
> way of naming Fedora releases (if at all) where we had such good names
> (places, I believe: Cambridge, Heidelberg, etc) instead of these
> nonsensical two-word names **apparently** adapted from the Ubuntu way of
> naming things?

It's really not the Ubuntu sheme, which is Xadjective Xanimal and X
has been an incremental letter since 6.06 (and adjective has been
incrementally ridiculuous since about ~10). Android uses a different
two word scheme also, and Redhat Linux 1.0 was called "Mother's Day"
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Hat_Linux>. That said I do prefer
the single word names, but not enough to have ever voted on it...

--
imalone
http://ibmalone.blogspot.co.uk