Why should one upgrade Fedora whenever a new version is released?

lee lee at yun.yagibdah.de
Sun Jul 14 23:24:15 UTC 2013

James Hogarth <james.hogarth at gmail.com> writes:

>> From what I've been reading, CentOS isn't upgradeable at all.  If that's
>> true, I'm surprised you're using it.
>>
> The point of using it of course is a stable environment for 7 years or so
> between major upgrades and not for the bleeding edge of software.

And after those seven or ten years, you have to start over from
scratch.  In case you need a new feature, you have to start over from
scratch with a more recent release that has it.

It's surely a great option to have when you can entirely say it is what
you need.  To me, it seems it can turn out to be quite limiting.

--
Fedora release 19 (Schrödinger’s Cat)