kernel

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sun Jul 14 21:39:41 UTC 2013

Am 14.07.2013 23:25, schrieb Patrick Dupre:
> [...]
>>> and
>>> kernel-PAE
>>>
>>> I guess that I do not need both kernels. How can I manage it?
>>
>> * which Fedora version
> 19
>> * which CPU architecture
> CPU T2300 @ 1.66GHz × 2

CPU architecture is x86_64 or i686
however this is a old 32bit-only CPU says google

http://ark.intel.com/products/27233/Intel-Core-Duo-Processor-T2300-2M-Cache-1_66-GHz-667-MHz-FSB

>> * what says "rpm -qa | grep kernel"

missing info!
it should be esay to boot a specific kernel and removce the other ones

your decision if you need PAE or not
depending on the RAM the machine has
with more than 4 GB you should use strongly recommended PAE