what has 'yum update' done?

lee lee at yun.yagibdah.de
Mon Jul 15 01:31:43 UTC 2013

"Eddie G. O'Connor Jr." <eoconnor25 at gmail.com> writes:

> On 07/14/2013 03:54 AM, lee wrote:

>>> This sounds like an awesome idea!....Hmm....I wonder if this could
>>> tie-in with Seth Vidal having something named after him?
>> Something like 'yum-seth-plugin', sending you messages with a subject
>> like "Seth reminds you: <package-name>", and make yum depend on it?
>>

> EXACTLY! Lee!.....that sounds PERFECT!. Ok...so who do you have to
> call to get this done!? (Its times like THIS when I wish I knew how to
> write code and scripts and stuff...but I'm still a fledgling Linux
> person!..LOL!)

Someone said before naming something after him it should be made sure
that he would have liked it.  So first you'd have to ask someone who can
decide that, and if it's then still a good idea, you'd probably have to
talk to quite a few people because it might affect how rpm packages are
being made.

Perhaps it's possible to make it a feature request?

--
Fedora release 19 (Schrödinger’s Cat)