Fedup fails fc17->fc18 on encrypted partition

Ranjan Maitra maitra at iastate.edu
Mon Jul 15 16:54:42 UTC 2013

Did you try using yum? I have always been successful with it (you may
need to remove obsolete packages or ones that generate complaints,
temporarily). I have never been successful with fedup (including
F18->F19 in the only instance I tried in the 18 to 19 case -- everything
went through w/o complaint but the system did not come up).

Look at the following: really three commands:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Upgrading_Fedora_using_yum#Fedora_18_-.3E_Fedora_19

HTH,
Ranjan