Etiquette and changing of threads

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Mon Jul 15 18:17:26 UTC 2013

Am 15.07.2013 20:10, schrieb Robert Holtzman:
> On Sun, Jul 14, 2013 at 10:55:15PM -0300, Fernando Lozano wrote:
>> Hi Reindl,
>>> first: my intention is *not* to start another epic thread
>>>
>>> since i am always the unholy prick here after i lose patience
>>> maybe others should also reconsider *not* hijacking threads by
>>
>> Thanks for clarification. Changing the subject (and keeping the original
>> one with a [Re:]) is standard procedures in many mailing lists, I didn't
>> know it was not accepted here. My apologies.
>
> "Re:" means the message is a reply to a previous post. If the subject
> line on the same thread is changed then [was......] is appended.
>
> What lists are you referring to?

the real problem is thread-view

you have to open a growing tree-structure and look if there
is something related to the topic you are interested in

if it is a new thread you can have it in the archive but closed
and only open the ones you are currently interested in

and the next problem that over time it becomes unclear to what
people responded - the original thread or subthreads, that feels
like if you have a tech meeting with 10 people and then one
marketing guy steps in the room and fire his statements