Transmission daemon not starting in Fedora 19

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Mon Jul 15 23:52:33 UTC 2013

On 07/16/13 07:25, Suvayu Ali wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm having trouble starting transmission-daemon.  When I try to start it
> with systemctl, it hangs:
>
>   # systemctl start transmission-daemon.service
>
> If I let it be for a few minutes (~5), it finishes with a failure.  The
> log is extremely unhelpful.  This is very strange because it was working
> just fine until a few days ago.
>

> Jul 16 01:20:00 <hostname> systemd[1]: Starting Transmission BitTorrent Daemon...
> -- Subject: Unit transmission-daemon.service has begun with start-up
> -- Defined-By: systemd
> -- Support: http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/systemd-devel

To fix this....

yum downgrade transmission-daemon

And, file a bugzilla please....

I don't used this service....but I notice the systemd service file has changed from...

ExecStart=/usr/bin/transmission-daemon -f --blocklist -g /var/lib/transmission/.conf
ig/transmission

ExecStart=/usr/bin/transmission-daemon -f --log-error

--
The only thing worse than a poorly asked question is a cryptic answer.