USB Lan Adapter

Ranjan Maitra maitra.mbox.ignored at inbox.com
Tue Jul 16 01:17:28 UTC 2013

On Tue, 16 Jul 2013 08:55:18 +0800 Ed Greshko <Ed.Greshko at greshko.com>
wrote:

> On 07/16/13 08:39, Ranjan Maitra wrote:
> > The product in question is available on Amazon and is this:
> >
> > http://www.amazon.com/KEYDEX-Ethernet-Network-Adapter-Memory/dp/B007VG5OYS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1373935036&sr=8-1&keywords=keydex+USB+lan+adapter
>
> Also.....   Just of interest.....
>
> http://www.keydex.com.tw/en/products/UG-ND1118-SV.aspx
>
> LAN support system
> windows 2000 SP4 / windows 2003 / windows XP SP3 / windows Vista SP2 / windows 7

But the sysadmin checked and the product packaging also says Linux
(and the driver site has something in there -- looks like with the 2.6
kernel): I was trying to find an OSS option.

> As you would expect......
>
> I live in Taiwan so I can say this....  When an "electronics" company website has...
>
> Other Accessory
>      Pet Supplies
>      Clothes Hanger
>
> I'd think twice....  :-) :-)

Possibly, however there are conglomerates who are pretty diverse. (I
come from India, and the Tatas are a case in point?)

However I did not check this earlier.

Ranjan