USB Lan Adapter

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Tue Jul 16 03:15:55 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 11:44 PM, Ranjan Maitra
<maitra.mbox.ignored at inbox.com> wrote:
> The one advantage of this particular product was it was an USB adapter
> as well as an SD card reader in addition to the ethernet LAN adapter. I
> guess we should have been more careful and not get swayed by all these
> apparent features!

Davicom makes cheap low quality junk. And even their Windows drivers
are rarely updated, and buggy.
Only recently I found signed 64bit drivers for win7, as the dongle
shipped with unsigned drivers.

In short, exterior design and features (bells and whistles) dont
matter... to paraphrase Bill Clinton's "it's the ecomi, stupid" ...
when it comes to hardware "it's the chipset, s...eriously" ;)
FC