i can't install Fedora 14

lee lee at yun.yagibdah.de
Tue Jul 16 09:22:54 UTC 2013

Skander Bahloul <skander.bahloul at eleves.ec-nantes.fr> writes:

> I have a multiboot system which contain Fedora 18. I try to install
> Fedora 14, but when i boot and i choose the seconde option of the boot
> menu, the screen become dark and i haven't the installation process.

If you told us what the second boot option is and what hardware you
have, someone might be able to help.

Perhaps you need to boot in text mode, which you can achieve by adding

set gfxpayload=text

to the menu entry in grubs configuration.  It's the first entry under each
'menuentry <name of entry> {' line in the configuration I have, like:

,----
| [...]
| ### BEGIN /etc/grub.d/10_linux ###
| menuentry 'Fedora 19 [...]' --class fedora --class [...] {
|         set gfxpayload=text
|         insmod gzio
| [...]
`----

You could try to install F14 in a VM under F18 and see what happens.

> PC: X86, i7

Wouldn't that be x86_64?

--
Fedora release 19 (Schrödinger’s Cat)