install Driver kernel Nvidia in Fedora 14

Ian Malone ibmalone at gmail.com
Tue Jul 16 11:51:47 UTC 2013

On 16 July 2013 11:28, Skander Bahloul
<skander.bahloul at eleves.ec-nantes.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I try to install driver kernel NVIDIA in Fedora 14 but i don't mqnqge to do it.
>

> Could you help me to intall Quadro 2000 NVIDIA driver kermnel with linux command.
>
> Info: I use 64 bit machine.
>

> Thank you very much.

Hi, what are you actually trying to achieve here? From recent posts it
seems like you're going to quite a lot of trouble to get a several
years old and end of life version of Fedora running. You might find
there's an easier way to accomplish your end goal.

In answer to your particular question, the rpmfusion F14 packages are
still available. There are several different 'Quadro 2000': an older
AGP version and a newer PCI-E generation, no idea whether their
release dates are far enough apart to have been in the standard or
legacy drivers at that point (but based on timing there is a decent
chance both will have had some support before F14 end of life). Have a
look at http://rpmfusion.org/Howto/nVidia

--
imalone
http://ibmalone.blogspot.co.uk