a different point of view to "etiquette"

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Tue Jul 16 18:40:33 UTC 2013

On Tue, 2013-07-16 at 13:22 -0400, Fernando Cassia wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 1:10 PM, Rex Dieter <rdieter at math.unl.edu> wrote:
> > Linus is in a very special category, and I don't think his justifications
> > can be applied to virtually any one else.  Especially, not *here*.
>
> I support Linus'  position. Which is related to my sig file. Sometimes
> telling the truth and being blunt hurts. So be it.

I don't think the original point of this thread has anything to do with
telling the truth (seriously, is anyone proposing we lie?), and
everything to do with modes of expression. "I think you're wrong, for
the following reasons" is being blunt and telling the truth as you see
it. "You're wrong and also an idiot" is another thing entirely.

poc