a different point of view to "etiquette"

Michael Hennebry hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
Tue Jul 16 21:21:15 UTC 2013

On Tue, 16 Jul 2013, Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 16.07.2013 20:47, schrieb Michael Hennebry:

>> How about "Please don't do that.  It won't work because ...."?

> besides the fact that people who do not spend one second
> to search and read docs they are anyways unable to understand
> a answer with background it is also respectless to act this way
> and waste the time of people which did their homework

Then feel free to tell them that:
As you seem unwilling or unable to do your homework,
I do not wish to work with you.

You have no duty to respond to anything uttered after that.
If you see bait that you are unwilling to resist,
feel free to repeat yourself:
As you seem unwilling or unable to do your homework,
I do not wish to work with you.

If you feel like embellishing:
I have no duty to you.
As you seem unwilling or unable to do your homework,
I do not wish to work with you.

I'm not a great believer in subtlety either.

"you have shown little ability to understand subtlety (or,
for that matter, blows to the head)"            --    Mike Farren