partitioning

lee lee at yun.yagibdah.de
Wed Jul 17 03:30:24 UTC 2013

Richard Vickery <richard.vickeryrv at gmail.com> writes:

> There is no real difference between pre-installation and disk / cfdisk, and
> all post-partitions are as usable as pre-install work.

So you install first, without making any partitions, and then create
partitions afterwards?

> Why question it? If you are interested in what I see as unnecesary
> partitions, just do it.

Because it doesn't work.  Which installer allows you to install right
onto the device, with no partitions created?

Even if one does, you'd have to go to lengths to create partitions after
installing to the device, if that's even possible without deleting the
installation.

> You are asking the wrong person. I quit worrying about pre-partitioning a
> 15 years ago because there is no reason to do it anymore. The installer
> gives the user all that person requires.
>
> If you really care, please email Adam Williamson for a more complete
> explanation.
>
> Go watch some YouTube videos on partitioning in Linux?

Do you have a link for a video that shows how one installs Fedora on a
device like /dev/sda and then converts their installation to use
partitions instead?

--
Fedora release 19 (Schrödinger’s Cat)