ZoneMinder and ffmpeg

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Jul 17 05:40:44 UTC 2013

Tim:
>> CRON job to compile a daily movie out of the JPEGs, then delete them
>> afterwards?  (Or delete them the day after, allowing you to keep
>> shots you may need to keep.)

Fernando Lozano:
> I though about that, but could not manage to find how to do that yet.
> If you kbnow how (or can point me to a reference) i'd be thankful. Of
> course I looked up on zone minder web site and google, but foud
> nothing.

I dare say that there's the expertise for that on this list, but you'd
want to say which aspects of it you can't already figure out how to
do...

Have your camera program save a day's files in a specific way.
Select a days files separately from another's (filedate matching).
Creating CRON jobs.
Compiling JPEGs into movie files.

I know you've already mentioned the last one was a problem, but I was
just breaking the task into the obvious points.

If you simply compile a days JPEGs into a movie then immediately delete
the JPEGs, then selecting specific files is less of an issue.  The next
job just uses all the JPEGs that it finds.

There are man files for CRON jobs, and you can look at ones already on
your system for examples.

I'm sure I've seen pages that guide you through making a slide show, by
taking JPEGs and making an MPEG (or other format) from them.  The first
thing that springs to mind, to look into, would be mencoder (part and
parcel of mplayer).  I've used it, before, for transcoding things, but I
don't think I've done JPEGs to MPEGs with it.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.