sssd for /boot?

lee lee at yun.yagibdah.de
Wed Jul 17 08:13:46 UTC 2013

Tim <ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au> writes:

> On Wed, 2013-07-17 at 05:13 +0200, lee wrote:
>> Considering their cost, SSDs don't seem worthwhile to me unless you
>> have an application that does make use of them.  They probably make
>> quite some sense in laptops unless you need storage capacity because
>> their power consumption is low and because they aren't affected by
>> vibrations.  A hybrid doesn't (fully) have these advantages.
>
> I have to wonder about how much people expect them to be unaffected by
> vibration, or bumps.  Even though an SSD is a solid thing without moving
> parts, it still has connectors.

You're right, I didn't think about the connections or connectors.  Those
can cause problems, too.  SSDs don't have a disadvantage here since they
use the same ones, I guess.

If you ask me what I expect mobile devices to withstand, well, there
aren't any electronical ones that are even up to the temperature
specifications.

--
Fedora release 19 (Schrödinger’s Cat)