emulate mouse middle-button on Dell XPS 13?

lee lee at yun.yagibdah.de
Wed Jul 17 15:44:29 UTC 2013

Ranjan Maitra <maitra at iastate.edu> writes:

> Does anyone know how to emulate a middle-button on the
> touchpad-integrated mouse (my terminology) on this machine? I have
> tried hitting the two mouse-clicks (want of a better term) at the same
> time to no avail. Any other possibilities?

There used to be an option you could put into your xorg.conf
... Emulate3Buttons or something like that.  You could look into that
and try to figure out which settings work with your hardware.  I have a
remnant here (which is commented out):

# Section "InputDevice"
#     Identifier     "Mouse0"
#     Driver         "mouse"
#     Option         "Protocol" "auto"
# #    Option         "Protocol" "ExplorerPS/2"
#     Option         "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
#     Option         "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
#     Option         "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
#     Option         "11"
#     Option         "EmulateWheel" "True"
#     Option         "EmulateWheelButton" "3"
#     Option         "EmulateWheelClickToo" "0"
# EndSection

That must have been for a Logitech Trackman Marble FX.  It gives you an
idea what it can look like.  You might want to start with something like:

Section "InputDevice"
     Identifier     "Mouse0"
     Driver         "mouse"
     Option         "Protocol" "auto"