How 2 view apple movie trailers using F19

Rick Stevens ricks at alldigital.com
Wed Jul 17 18:14:19 UTC 2013

On 07/17/2013 11:02 AM, Fred Smith issued this missive:
> Hi all!
>
> I'm really stumped here. I've got F17 on one netbook and with it am able
> to view apple movie trailers using Firefox.
>
> On the OTHER netbook, now with F19, I have, AFAIK, all the same browser
> plugins and underlying packages installed, but the videos won't play.
> when clicking any of the options to start playing, a black window for
> the video opens, and the player's controls are drawn at the bottom, and
> that's as far as it goes. clicking the play button (it starts paused,
> apparently) makes no difference.
>
> I can provide a list of browser plugins (it's not on the computer
> I'm using ATM) and anything else you want to see, just let me know.

Check your codecs ("yum list gstreamer-plugins*" and "yum list
gstreamer1-plugins*"). Odds are that you are missing one of the codecs
that the plugin needs to render it.

Most Apple stuff is h.264 with AAC audio.
- ...Had this been an actual emergency, we would have fled in terror -
-                      and you'd be on your own, pal!                -