photo viewer & organizer for MATE: gthumb or shotwell or ...

Frantisek Hanzlik franta at hanzlici.cz
Wed Jul 17 23:03:50 UTC 2013

poma wrote:
> On 17.07.2013 23:41, Frantisek Hanzlik wrote:
>
>> … Or, maybe
>> there is/are other programs, better/more suitable for this?
>
> http://www.digikam.org/
>
> poma

You recommend skip over F19+ and jump directly to windows? IMO it is
unacceptable, they are horrible reactionaries and do not merits
such happiness.
Or, when You recommend 'digikam' SW, what are benefits for this
election?
Digikam is Qt/KDE based, thus I'd rather see some GTK based piece of
SW (but not insist upon this - I'm using Xfce and MATE and using k3b
instead of not so powerfull GTK alternatives).
Could You offer/refer to some comparison digikam x gThumb x shotwell?

TIA, Franta Hanzlik