please discontinue to moderate Haralds posts (was: a different point of view to "etiquette")

lee lee at yun.yagibdah.de
Thu Jul 18 06:26:26 UTC 2013

inode0 <inode0 at gmail.com> writes:

> On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 10:57 AM, Michael Hennebry
> <hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu> wrote:
>> This is a reply to a reply sent directly to me as well as to the list.
>
> Moderation makes a horrible mess of the flow of discussion. Please
> don't get mad at each other for getting confused by or not noticing
> the effect it has. I'm about to the point where I don't think
> moderation can work.

It's usually considered bad behaviour to send Ccs to the poster when
replying to posts on mailing lists.  Since Harald's post are moderated,
he cannot know whether his posts will get through or not and how long
they might be delayed.  Considering sending Ccs under these
circumstances as bad behaviour is somewhat difficult.

I don't know what the point is in moderating his posts.  He does things
himself he does not like when others do them, and he can be told those
"100 times" not to do them and will steadfastly continue to do them.
Moderating his posts isn't going to change that.

I do not see Harald posting anything that would make me think he should
be unsubscribed, but that could be due to some of his posts not coming
through at all due to moderation.

This is not a good situation for anyone.  It is *far worse* than letting
subscribers decide for themselves whether they want to read Haralds
posts or not.

I suggest to discontinue moderating Haralds posts.  If that yields
effects which require some sort of action, such action can still be
taken --- perhaps after having a vote about it, in lack of a better
alternative.

PS: Tim, saying that he "virtually succeeded" in letting himself appear
as a victim is misleading.  What he succeeded in is making himself
better understandable, even though that might not have been his
intention.

--
Fedora release 19 (Schrödinger’s Cat)