photo viewer & organizer for MATE: gthumb or shotwell or ...

poma pomidorabelisima at gmail.com
Thu Jul 18 08:03:54 UTC 2013

On 18.07.2013 01:03, Frantisek Hanzlik wrote:
> poma wrote:
>> On 17.07.2013 23:41, Frantisek Hanzlik wrote:
>>
>>> … Or, maybe
>>> there is/are other programs, better/more suitable for this?
>>
>> http://www.digikam.org/
>>
>> poma
>
> You recommend skip over F19+ and jump directly to windows? IMO it is
> unacceptable, they are horrible reactionaries and do not merits
> such happiness.

A little bumped with the advertisement on the front page, aren't you
Fran. :)
Since you mention it,
http://www.libreoffice.org/download/?nodetect
http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all/
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/all.html
Boogeyman, aren't they. :)

> Or, when You recommend 'digikam' SW, what are benefits for this
> election?
> Digikam is Qt/KDE based, thus I'd rather see some GTK based piece of
> SW (but not insist upon this - I'm using Xfce and MATE and using k3b
> instead of not so powerfull GTK alternatives).
> Could You offer/refer to some comparison digikam x gThumb x shotwell?

If the desktop environment is what is most important to you, not the
application itself, go ahead, knock yourself.
digiKam speaks for itself.
Besides you didn't even mention the type of camera in question.

poma