please discontinue to moderate Haralds posts (was: a different point of view to "etiquette")

Michael Hennebry hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
Thu Jul 18 16:47:24 UTC 2013

On Thu, 18 Jul 2013, lee wrote:

> inode0 <inode0 at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 10:57 AM, Michael Hennebry
>> <hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu> wrote:
>>> This is a reply to a reply sent directly to me as well as to the list.
>>
>> Moderation makes a horrible mess of the flow of discussion. Please
>> don't get mad at each other for getting confused by or not noticing
>> the effect it has. I'm about to the point where I don't think
>> moderation can work.
>
> It's usually considered bad behaviour to send Ccs to the poster when
> replying to posts on mailing lists.  Since Harald's post are moderated,
> he cannot know whether his posts will get through or not and how long
> they might be delayed.  Considering sending Ccs under these
> circumstances as bad behaviour is somewhat difficult.

In case it was not obvious, my quoted statement was for the primary
purpose of ensuring that its readers knew the data-flow sequence.
RH had complained about my response
appearing on the list before his original.
My quoted statement was not criticism.

whom I teach not to run with scissors,
that my fiance ran me through with a broadsword."  --  Lily