how to change udev rules in Fedora

lee lee at yun.yagibdah.de
Thu Jul 18 17:58:14 UTC 2013

lee <lee at yun.yagibdah.de> writes:

> What I'm trying to do is three things:
>

> + make it so that smart information is not being polled from /dev/sda
>
> + make it so that DVD drives are not being polled for media changes
>
> + make sure that /dev/sda can go into sleep mode without being woken up
>   unless I mount the file system it has on it

I ended up removing the udisks2 and udisks packages, and after killing
udisks2, /dev/sda is finally asleep.

Why is the smart data requested all the time?  Is something processing
this data to send a warning if there is an indication that a disk might
fail?

Besides removing this udisks stuff, what is the proposed way of
disabling these daemons?

There isn't even any decent documentation about these things.

--
Fedora release 19 (Schrödinger’s Cat)