odd issue booting F19 with LUKS partition

Patrick Lists fedora-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Thu Jul 18 19:25:12 UTC 2013

Hi Fred,

On 07/18/2013 08:50 PM, Fred Smith wrote:
> hi gang!
>
> I've put F19 on my Acer Aspire One (dual-core Atom) where it mostly runs
> just fine.
>
> but I've noticed one oddity (by no means a show-stopper) during boot:
> when it prompts for the LUKS password (for the encrypted /home partition)
> the box for password entry flashes on the screen, then the screen goes
> blank for 30 seconds (or so) then the box appears again.
>
> I noticed a day or two ago that if there's a bright lamp shining on the
> screen when it is in that blank state that the box is in fact still drawn
> there, but it appears that the screen backlight has been shut off--I can
> still see the image of it faintly in the bright light.
>
> Everything else regarding screen behavior is fine, but this one is
> pretty consistently occurring every system boot.
>
> This did not occur immediately after installation, but I first noticed
> it only a week (or so) ago (sorry, I wasn't taking notes...) so one
> wonders if some update has caused it.
>
> Any ideas on this one?

Iirc there have been some reports by people that they had to downgrade
the xorg server package. Have you tried that?

Other than that, the only semi-similar thing I have seen was during a
recent F19 installation where after some time the screen goes
blank/black (backlight goes off) and nothing would turn the screen back
on. This was a kickstart install with reboot at the end so I just left
it running and after a while it rebooted into a fresh F19 install.

Regards,
Patrick