F19 no longer includes OpenJDK7-jre in the LiveCD :-(

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Fri Jul 19 19:46:12 UTC 2013

On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 3:32 PM, Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to> wrote:
> For example the OpenJDK 8 version might have been picked up. (I didn't check
> to see if that was what happened, but rather it is a plausible cause that
> might have changed things without any of the XFCE guys noticing.)

No, apparently there is no Java at all on the liveCD... :-(

$ java
bash: java: command not found
[liveuser at localhost ~]$

I got used to booting the LiveCD, downloading a couple Java apps
(single .jar files) I use daily and then doing java -jar appname.jar
to start them... (Java Image Editor for instance).

That was possible with F18 XFCE but no longer in F19 :-/

Since there's apparently plenty of room in the XFCE F19 .iso image to
reach 650MB, that sparked my question... Sorry if this rubbed someone
the wrong way, it's not my interest to annoy anyone, just a genuine
interest in knowing if there was some technical reason for the
removal.

Perhaps I will ask in the XFCE mailing list(s).

Thanks anyway....
FC