F19 raid 1 stuck read only after reboot

lee lee at yun.yagibdah.de
Fri Jul 19 21:26:28 UTC 2013

Alan Gagne <alanjgagne at gmail.com> writes:

>> "SMART is not a reliable warning system for impending failure
> Maybe not, but when I had one of these drives going bad about a year ago.
> It did a great job of warning that I had an impending drive failure.
> The relocated sector count would jump in small blocks over time.

Interesting, did you get a warning message?  I had to remove udisksd2
because it kept polling SMART information from a disk that should be
asleep and not kept awake all the time.  I was wondering what the SMART
information is polled for.

> The intel storage manager I use under Windows currently does not
> have any warnings about the drives.
>
> The bios screen that displays array health when the system comes up
> shows both arrays as healthy.
>
> Smart,Intel and the bios  were all in agreement when I had a failing
> disk in the past.

Then I guess we can assume that the disks have not failed.

>> Do you see any messages in /var/log/messages that could be relevant?
> These are the only messages that seem relevant from journalctl -xb
>
> Jul 19 07:35:26 knucklehead.xxxx.com kernel: device-mapper: table:
> 253:4: linear: dm-linear: Device lookup failed
> Jul 19 07:35:26 knucklehead.xxxx.com kernel: device-mapper: ioctl:
> error adding target to table

It seems likely that this is what causes your problem.  When you google
for the error message, there are a lot of reports about it.  You could
look into them and try to figure out how to solve the issue --- someone
said old meta information caused it, someone else said removing a
package that provides dmraid fixed it for them ...

--
Fedora release 19 (Schrödinger’s Cat)