alternate package manager

lee lee at yun.yagibdah.de
Fri Jul 19 21:11:40 UTC 2013

Rahul Sundaram <metherid at gmail.com> writes:

> On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 10:26 AM, lee  wrote:
>

>> Can yum and dnf used interchangeably?  Does dnf work well?  I might just
>> try it out ...
>>

> dnf is a experimental fork of yum but works reasonably well and can be used
> interchangeably.
>
> https://fedoranext.wordpress.com/2013/05/18/status-of-dnf-experimental-fork-of-yum/

Hm, I am not so sure that it works reasonably well.  Am I doing
something wrong here?

[root at yun:~]$ dnf check-update
Fedora 19 - x86_64                                       |  35 MB     00:52
RPM Fusion for Fedora 19 - Free - Updates                |  50 kB     00:00 !!!
RPM Fusion for Fedora 19 - Nonfree - Updates             |  20 kB     00:00 !!!
RPM Fusion for Fedora 19 - Free                          | 493 kB     00:00 !!!
Error: Problem with repo 'updates': Bad checksum
[root at yun:~]$ dnf check-update

--
Fedora release 19 (Schrödinger’s Cat)