F19 raid 1 stuck read only after reboot

lee lee at yun.yagibdah.de
Sun Jul 21 08:37:21 UTC 2013

Alan Gagne <alanjgagne at gmail.com> writes:

>> />>/  />/  253:4: linear: dm-linear: Device lookup failed
>> />>/  />/  Jul 19 07:35:26 knucklehead.xxxx.com kernel: device-mapper: ioctl:
>> />>/  />/  error adding target to table
>> />>/  /
>> />>/  It seems likely that this is what causes your problem.  When you google
>> />>/  for the error message, there are a lot of reports about it.  You could
>> />>/  look into them and try to figure out how to solve the issue --- someone
>> />>/  said old meta information caused it, someone else said removing a
>> />>/  package that provides dmraid fixed it for them ...
>> />/  Yea, I have been looking at those. I was hoping that between here and
>> />/  filing a bug
>> />/  I would get the best answer.
>> /
>> The dmraid package seems to be installed by default.  I'd try to remove
>> it.
> Tried it. No Joy !
> Back to Google .

At this point, I'd make a bug report on the mdadm or the kernel package
about it if there isn't one yet.  Other than that, besides google, I'd
try to find whatever configuration files there might be involved in
getting the RAID up and try to see if there is something that could be
adjusted.

find /etc -type f -print0 | xargs -0 grep device-mapper
/etc/lvm/lvm.conf

Do you still get the same error message?

--
Fedora release 19 (Schrödinger’s Cat)