F19 no longer includes OpenJDK7-jre in the LiveCD :-(

David dgboles at gmail.com
Sun Jul 21 22:16:08 UTC 2013

On 7/21/2013 5:40 PM, Fernando Cassia wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 20, 2013 at 7:35 AM, David <dgboles at gmail.com> wrote:
>> most people don't need Java so it's space was
>> replaced with something useful to many.
>
> Please dont confuse "needing Java" with that myopic/biased view of
> "Java as applets".
>
> There's plenty of useful cross platform Java apps out there. I can
> think of Jitsi, Vuze, Java Image Editor, muCommander... those are the
> ones I often use, and there are others I keep in a pen drive like
> Angry IP Scanner, Sweet Home 3D for ocassional use... just to name a
> few. Not to mention the ability to run scripts written in any of the
> many JVM languages like jython, JRuby, Scala and the like...
>
> http://www.drdobbs.com/jvm/a-long-look-at-jvm-languages/240007765
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_JVM_languages
>
> Just because you dont like Java it doesnt mean that nobody  likes and
> uses OpenJDK. H*ck, last time I looked RedHat was one of the main
> contributors to it...
>
> http://www.redhat.com/summit/2012/pdf/2012-DevDay-OpenJDK-Bhole.pdf
> ...they even trumpet its OpenJDK7 performance
> http://investors.redhat.com/releasedetail.cfm?releaseid=754548
>
> Even RedHat has its own JVM languaje that runs atop OpenJDK: Ceylon...
> FC

Excuse me? I am but a humble Fedora user. And I, personally, don't use
or need Java in any form. As I said, as I recall, the powers in charge
after much discussion and debate decided to leave it out of the ISO.
But? It is still available for those of *you* that want it or need it.

If that *really* bothers you - then your bitch is with them.

Or? Like a man you could just deal with it. That's what I would do.
instead of whining on this list if this was a problem for me.

Now. Please. Let this end here.

--

  David