Firefox and java-1.7.0-openjdk -

Bob Goodwin ~ Zuni, Virginia, USA bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Mon Jul 22 21:21:32 UTC 2013

On 22/07/13 17:09, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 07/22/2013 01:48 PM, Bob Goodwin ~ Zuni, Virginia, USA wrote:
>> That's true and I thought the same but out of courtesy to the person
>> offering the susuggestion I tried it. Is there something wrong with
>> that?
>
> No, of course not.  I probably would have asked the same questions of
> whoever suggested that before trying it, but that's just me. And, I'm
> not accusing you of doing anything wrong, or even foolish.  It's just
> that I get so tired of seeing people trying things like that when
> there's no evidence whatsoever (as far as they report) that what
> they're doing is related to the issue in question that I have to ask
> sometimes why they're doing it.  And, here at least, it's a case of
> "asked and answered."

And although it may not have been good logic it was a suggestion offered
in good faith. No need to discourage anyone from offering help, next
time he may have the answer. I am no expert and I consider before
offering help for fear of being wrong and perhaps treated like an idiot.
It was little trouble to respond and selinux is back enforced, I don't
think I have ever had to turn it off except perhaps in the course of
some trouble shooting exercise.

--

http://www.qrz.com/db/W2BOD

box10   Fedora-19 Linux/XFCE