unstable libreoffice

lee lee at yun.yagibdah.de
Tue Jul 23 11:21:45 UTC 2013

Martin Skjöldebrand <shieldfire at gmail.com> writes:

> On Monday 22 July 2013 13.51.04 lee wrote:
>>
>> LaTeX works great for what I'm doing, and I didn't bother to install LO
>> on Fedora.  Give it ten years or so, and LO might be usable.
>
> Works great is completely dependent on what you want to do. For daily writing
> of office documents it requires an - for me - undefendable amount of fiddling
> getting it setup properly, so no - LaTex is not an alternative.

Indeed, some things can be rather difficult to do with LaTeX and/or
require going to such lengths that it's just so much easier to use
something like LO.

> However, I've seen other having reported crashes on dialog boxes, so it's a
> bit weird no one here has had the same experience ... I might just be unlucky
> I guess .... =(

Perhaps you can try another version?  IIRC they used to make some
downloadable archives --- perhaps that works better what currently is in
Fedora?

> Otherwise LO works nicely, although I miss the ribbon interface from MS Office
> (I know, lots of people don't).

I always missed the database part.

--
Fedora release 19 (Schrödinger’s Cat)