OpenVPN disapeared

Timothy Murphy gayleard at alice.it
Tue Jul 23 13:26:07 UTC 2013

Bill Oliver wrote:

> Are you using NetworkManager?  If so, make sure that the package
> NetworkManager-openvpn is installed, along with (of course) openvpn an the
> appropriate desktop widget (i.e. for me using KDE, it's
> kde-plasma-networkmanagement-openvpn and kde-plasma-nm-openvpn)

As a matter of interest, what is the point of NetworkManager-openvpn?
I'm running NetworkManager under Fedora-19/KDE on my laptop,
and I'm also running OpenVPN.
Both seem to be working fine,
so what is the point of installing NetworkManager-openvpn?

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net