Brother DCP-7065dn printer with Fedora 19

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Thu Jul 25 00:52:05 UTC 2013

I carelessly bought a printer/scanner that has a proprietary driver.
It worked fine in Fedora 18 and earlier.
It doesn't seem to work with Fedora 19.
Not much to be done with a proprietary driver, but I'd be happy with any
reasonable solution.

The printer is a network printer.  I have a CentOS 5 box that can print on
it.  I thought that my CentOS 5 box could act as a print server for my
Fedora 19 box.

I arranged that, using the respective GUI tools.

It doesn't seem to work.  So I think that my F19 box still needs the
proprietary driver.  I get one line of postscript printed on the page.

Is there some way that I can get the F19 box to treat the CentOS
machine's published printer as something generic, like a PostScript
printer?

Here's where Brother describes Linux support:
<http://welcome.solutions.brother.com/bsc/public_s/id/linux/en/index.html>

I don't seem to have SELinux issues.