Gnome classic working in F19?

"Paul-Erik Törrönen" poltsi at 777-team.org
Thu Jul 25 10:02:16 UTC 2013

Just want to check first if I am the only one having this problem with an
upgraded F19 setup.

Some background:
Upgraded the system from F18 (and previously from 17-16-15) with fedup
--network. Before the upgrade I was running Gnome fine in the classical
style (dropdown app menu, no hotspots, workspace grid on lower bar etc.).

After the upgrade logged on with Gnome Classic selected -> worked fairly
ok, I have a grey top and bottom bar. Logged out and in again in order to
get some additional settings (the workspace for both dual displays). After
the login (making sure that I still have the Gnome classic selected) the
top and bottom bars are not the same.

Specifically the bottom bar (where the running apps should be displayed as
well as the workspace app) is missing altogether and the top bar is now
the new Gnome-styled, ie. has the hotspot and no app-menu at all.

This is reproducable, if I log out from this state, select the normal
gnome session, then I (again) get the same new Gnome desktop as described
above, and after an additional logout + login with the Gnome Classic
selected, then I end back in the actual classic for that particular
session.

So it seems that the mode selection is not really working, and neither is
the selection remembered correctly.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Poltsi

--
Paul-Erik Törrönen   "When science and the Bible differ,
poltsi at 777-team.org   science has obviously misinterpreted