Install fc18 from DVD demands network connection

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Thu Jul 25 21:16:44 UTC 2013

Darryl L. Pierce wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 11:08:19AM -0400, Bill Davidsen wrote:
>> Darryl L. Pierce wrote:
>>>
>>> I don't think this is still the case: I did F18->F19 on my laptop
>>> (encrypted /home and swap) using fedup and it worked just fine.
>>>
>> Not sure what you mean by "still the case,"
>
> I mean still an issue with fedup being unable to upgrade a system with
> encrypted filesystems. That's why I ended the piece being quoted with
> "fedup fails totally to workon drives with encrypted partitions,".
>
>> it was as of 1PM
>> yesterday when I posted, and since it's burned on DVD I doubt it's
>> changes. Some systems refuse to install without network.
>
> I'm not sure we're talking the same thing then.

I may have misread, we have a lot of depth to quotes here. There seem to be two
issues, fedup on LUKS, and clean install looping asking for network. I may only
see the network issue after fedup has been run, and I did find that if I write
100MB of /dev/zero to the partitions I'm going to use (from rescue CD) no issues
on clean install. There MAY be an issue with reading the partitions and saving
data, don't care as long as it can be done.

I'm trying a yum upgrade in LUKS next week, I am taking a few days off from
anything challenging to deal with real life. May wait and test more when the
18->19 cycle comes.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>