netinst of fedora xfce

François Patte francois.patte at mi.parisdescartes.fr
Fri Jul 26 16:31:28 UTC 2013

Le 26/07/2013 14:40, Suvayu Ali a écrit :
> On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 02:33:47PM +0200, Erik P. Olsen wrote:
>> On 26/07/13 12:54, François Patte wrote:
>>> Is there somewhere a place where I can find the netinst image iso of
>>> fedora with xfce desktop....
>>>
>> Get Network install cd from http://fedoraproject.org/en/get-fedora-all and
>> select xfce during installation.
>
> To elaborate a bit: the netinstall image is desktop agnostic.  In fact,
> it only has the necessary kernel image and anaconda I think.  All
> packages are downloaded as per the user's package selection at install
> time.

Thanks! I downloaded the netinst image for f19, I tried to install
but.... an "unknown" error occured and everything aborted.

I could read some things from the log: it seems that some python library
is not able to handle raid....

My previous installation was made with the previous version of anaconda
partionning the disks with raid 1 and lvm.

New version of anaconda seems to be unable to handle this (I tried the
old version comming with f14 and it can read my old partitionning).

I tried to file a bug report from anaconda, but I could not because
people developping anaconda think that there is only one type of
keyboard in the world: QWERTY. I don't know this keyboard by heart and I
gave up.

Progress is going on!

I have been using redhat/fedora since redhat 5 and stopped to upgrade
from f14 because of gnome3.

I tried today to install f19 with xfce but it is such a chore that I
give up and will switch to debian (the debian installer is able to read
my raid-lvm partition).

Bye!

- --
François Patte