Don't mount luks partition at boot but with gdm login.

Cor Legemaat cor at cor.za.net
Fri Jul 26 16:38:27 UTC 2013

Hi all:

I try to get a Fedora 18 laptop with an encrypted home partition to not
mount at start up but when the user log into gdm with pam_mount. The
encrypted partition is created during install by anaconda, just created
an partition and set the mount point to the user's home directory with
the option to encrypt the partition.

What I tried in order to eliminate the requirement for the password at
boot without success:
1) Via the gui disks utility in gnome and set it to not mount at start up.
2) Commented the relevant entry in /etc/fstab
3) Commented the entry in /etc/cryptab

I see the pam mount options are also not added automatically to the
files in /etc/pam.d/ but that's not a problem for me, that was also the
case on my Gentoo system, will use that as guide. For now I only need to
eliminate the password request at boot, any ideas?

Regards:
Cor