Brosix on Fedora 19

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Sun Jul 28 08:04:32 UTC 2013

On 07/28/13 15:13, Roger wrote:
> On 07/28/2013 03:36 PM, Ed Greshko wrote:
>> On 07/28/13 13:04, Roger wrote:
>>> Trying to run Brosix.
>>> rpm installed it ok  - it's in /usr/bin/brosix but will not start from the menu or terminal.
>>> In terminal $ brosix
>>> /usr/share/brosix/Brosix.bin: error while loading shared libraries: libv4l2.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
>>>
>>> locate libv4l2.so.0
>>> /usr/lib64/libv4l2.so.0
>>> /usr/lib64/libv4l2.so.0.0.0
>>>
>>> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib64
>>> PATH="$PATH:/usr/bin/brozix"
>>> in .bashrc does not help.
>>>
>>> What am I not seeing, how should this be fixed please?
>>> TIA
>>> Roger
>> Are you talking about installing brosix_free.rpm?
>>
>> If you do
>>
>> file /usr/share/brosix/Brosix.bin
>>
>> Does it show up as a 32-bit binary?
>>
>> If so, you'll need the equivalent 32 bit libraries installed.
>>

> Yes brosix_free.rpm.
> When I accessed /usr/share/brosix/Brosix.bin my computer locked up, had to reboot.
> I'll check again later.
> Meanwhile I found pastebin.com/fFK6pri which may offer some consolation.
> I don't particularly want to install 32 bit files.

Well, it is a 32 bit binary and it will need 32 bit libraries.  So, maybe you don't want brosix after all....

FWIW, I think you already do have some 32 bit stuff on your system.  To even get as far as you did you'd need glibc.i686 installed.

--
Getting tired of non-Fedora discussions and self-serving posts