Native Nvidia Optimus and Fedora 19

Heinz Diehl htd at fritha.org
Sun Jul 28 13:39:35 UTC 2013

On 28.07.2013, Alexander Volovics wrote:

> Are you not being a little harsh on the Intel GPU support.
> There might be 'TONS' of reports but I myself have experience
> with 6 Dell/Lenovo desktops/laptops (3 in house with daily use),
> Sandybridge and Ivybridge, and have never experienced 'Hangcheck
> timer elapsed'.

Yes, I am. Because I own 2 totally different machines and are
occasionally using another one at work with integrated Intel graphics,
and all three crash regularly with this error. Two of them crash
within 5-15 min. and are only useable when all acceleration is
switched off, which in turn makes even watching a simple youtube video
a pain in the a...

Yes, I have been in contact with the developers, and they are honest
and helpsom people who try their best. And yes, I have bisected nearly
three days without any useable results.

It's just that I'm somewhat frustrated, so don't take it all too
serious. But: you have been warned ;-)