Apparently Incomplete Fedup 18->19

Tim Evans tkevans at tkevans.com
Sun Jul 28 14:06:18 UTC 2013

Nearly everything seems to suggest that my fedup upgrade from F18 only
partially F19 succeeded.

$ cat /etc/fedora-release
Fedora release 19 (Schrödinger’s Cat)

$ head /var/log/boot.log
[  OK  ] Started Show Plymouth Boot Screen.
[  OK  ] Reached target Basic System.

Welcome to Fedora 19 (Schrödinger’s Cat)!

But, the blue progress bar during bootup shows "Fedora 18."

Kernel appears to be F18, though:

$ uname -a
Linux harrier.xxx.com 3.9.11-200.fc18.i686.PAE #1 SMP Mon Jul 22
21:19:06 UTC 2013 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

By way of additional info, after running fedup with no errors, I
rebooted, picking the "Fedora Upgrade" option.  Then went to dinner.
When I returned, the system was *powered completely down*.  Booting it
revealed the F18 message on the progress bar.

yum update shows a string of "some-package.fc19 is a duplicate of
same-package.fc18

I don't see anything untoward in /var/log/fedup.log.  Seems whatever has
happened occurred after the reboot into the upgrade.

Thanks.
--
Tim Evans			|   5 Chestnut Court
Linux/UNIX Consulting		|   Owings Mills, MD 21117
tkevans at tkevans.com