Apparently Incomplete Fedup 18->19

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 28 14:39:22 UTC 2013

On Sun, Jul 28, 2013 at 9:06 AM, Tim Evans <tkevans at tkevans.com> wrote:

> Kernel appears to be F18, though:
>
> $ uname -a
> Linux harrier.xxx.com 3.9.11-200.fc18.i686.PAE #1 SMP Mon Jul 22 21:19:06
> UTC 2013 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

I think in this case it's because the kernel is at a higher version in F18
than F19 at the moment but it looks like that should resolve itself at some
point looking at koji...

> By way of additional info, after running fedup with no errors, I rebooted,
> picking the "Fedora Upgrade" option.  Then went to dinner. When I returned,
> the system was *powered completely down*.  Booting it revealed the F18
> message on the progress bar.
>
> yum update shows a string of "some-package.fc19 is a duplicate of
> same-package.fc18
>
> I don't see anything untoward in /var/log/fedup.log.  Seems whatever has
> happened occurred after the reboot into the upgrade.

Time to do a couple of things but don't blindly say yes, make sure you look
at the output to make sure it makes sense.

After my failed upgrade I used "yum distro-sync" and iterations of
"package-cleanup --problem", "package-cleanup --duplicates", and
"package-cleanup --leaves".

Richard