Do I need avahi?

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Mon Jul 29 02:46:57 UTC 2013

On 07/29/13 10:30, Marko Vojinovic wrote:
> If you feel adventurous, go ahead and remove avahi without the
> dependent packages (rpm -e --nodeps avahi), and then keep using the
> broken system. If you are lucky, you won't run into trouble. If that is
> what will make you happy...

That's "good" advice for any package people think they don't need.  ;-)

Then the list can look forward to postings in the coming months to the affect of "I can't get X to work" and we'll all be sitting around scratching our heads only to find out it is a PEBKAC.  :-) :-)

--
Getting tired of non-Fedora discussions and self-serving posts