Do I need avahi?

Roger arelem at bigpond.com
Mon Jul 29 07:23:18 UTC 2013

<snip>. I still vote to leave it as it is </snip>

At the risk of flame wars, why bother even thinking about it!
Discussion has been going for some time now with no resolution, now
migrated to systemctl, umask, /dev/null -- different topics I'm thinking.
avahi seems innocuous, maybe some apps use it, I don't know, either way
it's so small - ps aux |grep avahi shows the daemon started but it seems
a very small app.
  May I suggest, if you want absolute control of a minimal install play
with CentOS and only install the bare minimums of everything.
Just my 0.2c worth.
Roger